Along with the bone, muscle and fat changes that take place as we age, collagen loss starts to occur. Collagen provides vital support and structure to the skin. As it diminishes, we start to see the formation of lines and wrinkles, and loss of overall volume.
When injected deep under your skin it works with your body to stimulate and revitalize the natural collagen production. As collagen production is stimulated, the skin starts to regain its youthful structure and volume, meaning wrinkles and defects are gradually corrected.
To get optimal results, you may require more than one treatment. You will be advised during the initial consultation as to how many sessions will be required to address your individual personal needs.
When it comes to collagen stimulation the results are gradual. This means that changes are subtle, and usually aren’t apparent immediately after the first treatment. However, the improvements may last for up to 25 months after your initial treatment. Regular maintenance sessions are recommended to continue the improvements in your skins structure.
Some common injection – related reactions may appear. These can include redness, tenderness, swelling or bruising at the injection site and typically resolve in two to six days.
PRICE – POA
To ensure optimal results and gradual long lasting effects, it’s important to follow the aftercare recommendations below:
- Massage the treated area for five minutes, five times per day, for five days after your treatment – you can use moisturizing cream to reduce friction when massaging.
- Within the first 24 hours after your treatment, apply an ice pack or ice wrapped in cloth to the treatment area to help reduce swelling (avoid putting the ice directly onto the skin).
- Avoid sun exposure until swelling and redness have resolved
- Avoid sauna/steam rooms for 24hrs after treatment
- You may apply makeup a few hours after treatment as long as no complications such as open wounds or bleeding are present.