A Dermal Filler is an injectable gel which acts as a skin “filler” to gently restore structure and volume to the skin. Facial volume loss is something that almost everyone experiences during the ageing process and Dermal Fillers can help to rejuvenate and replenish the skin, giving a more youthful appearance.
Hyaluronic Acid Dermal Filler’s are the most common non-permanent injectable material to correct soft tissue effects. It provides the safest and most effective non-surgical alternative on the market. Hyaluronic, also known as Polymer is a natural part of our body and is responsible for drawing water into your skin, binding collagen and elastin fibres simultaneously.
It is injected to restore lost volume to your face as well as lips and to smooth your wrinkles. Furthermore, it comes in a variety of different sizes thus it can be utilised and tailored to your preferences.
Dermal Fillers are a unique product with excellent results – and they can be used to both treat and enhance many areas of the face and body. Our experienced staff will be able to advise you on the best treatment plan for your needs and have you looking your best in no time.
DERMAL FILLER USES:
- Enhance your lips by increasing volume and definition
- Reduce smile lines and elevate downward corners of your mouth for a complete lip and mouth rejuvenation
- Treat facial lines and wrinkles such as frown lines and nasolabial folds
- Restore volume to your cheeks, chin and tear troughs
- Help to define and/or correct your nose bridge
- Improve the hydro balance and moisture content of areas such as your hands, neck and décolleté
- Give you a ‘youthful brow’ lift through eyebrow and upper face enhancement
Anyone with a previous known allergy to Dermal fillers or lignocaine (local anesthetic often added to fillers for the comfort of client). Pregnant or breast-feeding mothers are also contraindicated to treatment.
Following your treatment you can expect some short lasting (7 days or less) local swelling or bruising. The most common side effects include but are not limited to: temporary injection site reactions such as redness, pain/ tenderness, firmness, swelling, lumps/ bumps, bruising, itching and discoloration.
A Non-Permanent filler can last from 6-24 months. The duration of the effect depends on what kind of filler is used and where the filler was injected.
Dermal fillers usually are a painless treatment.
There are some cases where side effects occur. The side effects vary from irritation, swelling and redness from the place where the treatment was performed.
After every procedure the following reminders are to be considered:
- Drink plenty of water
- Patients should avoid strenuous exercise and alcohol consumption for at least 24 hours
- Avoid massaging or putting excessive pressure on the treatment area for approximately 1 week
- No facials or facial massages for at least 1 week
- Avoid extended exposure to sun or UV light for at least 1 week
- Amica or paw paw cream can be used post-treatment to help reduce bruising or swelling